Sunday 19 May 2013

Last Training Ride before Lands End Trip

Nicky and I set off at about 10 am in fine weather in our shorts and matching high-vis jerseys. We stopped for our first coffee at Wingrave, then cycled on to Stewkley and Soulbury. We returned home via Wing and Mentmore, where we had another coffee. Nicky seems faster for some reason. I'd adjusted her gears, but maybe her engine is improving too!
I plan to clean and lubricate both bikes this afternoon. I spent some time last week checking Nicky's gears and bought a chain wear tool, which has shown that both our chains are fine. Even so I plan to take my small chain repair tool when we set off on Saturday just in case.

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to following your Lands End progress with interest Pete...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading about your 10 in 10 trip too Trevor, and hope your health problems are over.

    ReplyDelete