Thursday 2 January 2014

Xmas Rides

I managed to fit in 3 rides over the holiday period on my road bike, in between the showers, including a 23 mile ride on Boxing Day in the mist - with the sun breaking through.
I was given an iPhone 5 case for my bike by one of my sons, but haven't tried it out yet. We also got a cycling book called 'Escape Routes' with short round trips in England. I plan on doing a fair bit of cycling this year to keep fit, however the only long trip we have planned is a tour of East Anglia in May with Nicky my wife. We'll carry our own luggage and stay in pubs and B&Bs.
My wife, eldest son and I all made resolutions to loose some weight this year, and apart from a low fat, high fibre diet, I'll be continuing my regular jogging, gym and swimming sessions. I did a 7 km run on Monday on often muddy footpaths. I'm 12 stone now, and hope to get down to 11 stone by Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment