Sunday 27 January 2013

Thawed Out

Yesterday Nicky and I went for a walk in the snow, and there was an inch or two blanketing the fields and the roads still had icy and slushy patches. Today after overnight rain and a rise in temperature the snow has completely gone. Spot the difference with the 2 photos! So I set off this morning on my road bike for the first ride in 2 weeks. It was mild and sunny but with a fresh wind. I stopped at a garage for coffee in Winslow, then cycled through Waddeston and Bishopstone, where the road had 9" deep floodwater but a raised grass verge I walked on. Big puddles and fords were on most of the roads, but my feet stayed dry. I stopped at the Chandos Arms at Weston Turville for a Sunday roast and a pint, before the last 7 miles home. Round trip of almost 45 miles.




1 comment:

  1. An escape after two weeks of cycling imprisonment...Glad that you have managed to get out for a ride Pete....

    -Tevor

    ReplyDelete