Sunday 4 September 2011

Chipping Norton Round Trip 105 miles!

Spurred on by my colleagues' LEJOG efforts I decided yesterday to put my new road bike to the test on a long ride and cycled to Chipping Norton, via a conveniently placed cafe for coffee and bacon roll then Buckingham. I travelled on fairly main flattish roads and got to Chipping Norton about 1pm for lunch at a nice cafe ("No 24"). Then returned via Bicester and Thame and another cafe in Long Crendon just as I was flagging. It was a round trip of 105 miles and an average speed of 13.6 mph (I don't rush!). Further details here http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/48395716
Compared with my hybrid it was easier on the legs but harder on the bum. No doubt it was a bit faster too, although I've never really measured ave speeds on my hybrid much. The carbon forks reduced numb hands - on my cromoly fork hybrid I get numb hands after 40 miles, but on my road bike I didn't notice any numbness until 90 miles. I've no particular aches or pains today, although feel pretty knackered.

No comments:

Post a Comment