Monday 20 June 2011

22 mile ride on new road bike

I did a ride on Sunday afternoon around the local area. Aldbury, Ashridge, Ivinghoe Beacon, Ivinghoe, Cheddington, Mentmore, Wingrave and home. I'd also done a couple of shorter evening rides to try out the new bike. It's fun, fast and surprisingly comfortable. If I'd have had this bike for LEJOG it would have saved a bit of effort, as it's about 3 or 4 kg lighter - mind you I was a bit lighter when I did LEJOG! I'm still using the hybrid for commuting and feel more in control in traffic with straight handlebars, and I need to use panniers for luggage - which sometimes includes my laptop.


The bike does take a rack for panniers, but I plan to keep the bike lightweight for weekend rides in good weather. I've just received my order for SPD pedals, a mini pump and computer to put the final touches to the bike. I'm planning a longer trip this weekend if the weather is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment