Friday 27 May 2011

New Cassette and Chain

I took my bike in for a service this morning at my local bike shop and they said the chain was worn - off the scale of their tool. So it's being fitted with a new chain and cassette - which need to be changed together. It's probably done 2,000 miles since it was last changed, maybe more. I decided to swap my existing 8 speed 11-30 cassette for the 11-32 version. So with my 28/38/48 chainwheels I should be well prepared for the Yorks Dales hills.


Nicky the same chainwheels and a similar cassette (7 speed 12-32) so we should be equally matched - although she likes to walk up the steeper hills anyway.

Hoping for good weather - in particular going over the high moors from Wharfedale to Wensleydale on Weds (except this is the day when the heaviest showers forecast).

No comments:

Post a Comment