Sunday 12 December 2010

Salcey Forest cycle trail

Nicky suggested we drove up to a forest we'd never been to between Milton Keynes and Northampton and take our bikes to do the 5 mile cycle trail. This is the first time she's been on her bike since her sciatica, and she said it felt fine. It was a nice morning, frosty but quite sunny and not too cold. We had intended to do the tree top walk first, but it wasn't well signposted and we could find it, only to cycle past it once we'd got on our bikes. The trail was quite well surfaced - a bit muddly in places, but ok for our hybrids. The circular route didn't take long and the cafe served nice soup and bread.

I managed to cycle to work just the once this last week on Thursday. It was frosty but dry and I needed overshoes on the way in. We had freezing fog earlier in the week. I was planning on cycling on Friday, but my colleagues were working from home, so I thought I might as well do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment